Before you dial 999 for an ambulance, we would ask you to remember that:
- If you are feeling unwell and you are not sure what to do, please call the NHS Direct Wales service on 0845 46 47 and speak to a nurse adviser for information and advice, available 24 hours a day, every day.
- If you are deaf or hard of hearing call the NHS Direct Wales textphone number on 0845 606 46 47.
- If you have a medical emergency such as loss of consciousness, difficulty in breathing, suspected heart attack, heavy blood loss, serious injury or severe burns call 999.
- Sending an ambulance to a call that is not an emergency could delay the response to a seriously ill or injured patient.
- Patients with minor illnesses or injuries who arrive at hospital by ambulance do not receive faster treatment.
The Annual Public Meeting of the Board of the Welsh Ambulance Services NHS Trust will be held at 10.00 a.m. 18 September 2014 in St Peter’s Civic Hall, Nott Square, Carmarthen SA31 1PG. An abridged version of the accounts of the Trust can be accessed electronically on the Trust’s website and copies of the Annual Report will also be available on the website from 11 September. Hard copies of the report together with the agenda for the meeting will be available on request prior to the meeting by contacting Caroline Jones or clicking here.
The Annual Public Meeting will be followed by a regular Trust Board Meeting also open to the public, to be held at 11.00a.m. The supporting papers for the regular meeting of the Board will also be available via the Trust’s website or by contacting Caroline Jones. If you are planning on attending any of the above meetings please can you notify us in advance to ensure sufficient seating is available.The Trust welcomes the attendance of all members of the public and fully embraces equality and diversity. Should you have any special requirements in order to aid your attendance, please contact us at least five working days in advance to enable us to help accommodate your requirements. Welsh simultaneous translation facilities will be available. Further details, including directions to the location, are available from Caroline Jones on 01745 532970.
Attached is the Trust's initial response following publication of the Trusted to Care Report
Download the Annual Report 2013/14