Welcome to the Welsh Ambulance Service News Desk and Media area. We will keep you up to date with all the latest news and information relating to your local ambulance service.
Our Corporate Communications Unit handle both internal and external communications, dealing with all enquiries from the media and keeping the public and stakeholders informed of the work of our staff.
- £10m investment in primary care will improve access to local health services – Health Minister
Professor Drakeford said the primary care fund will help relieve pressures on GPs and their teams and reduce demand on hospital care by improving access to quality local health services.
22 Jan 2015 12:23
- Highest levels of flu in Wales for four years
Visits to GPs, hospital admissions and admissions to intensive care units of confirmed cases of influenza (flu) have all increased across Wales.
12 Jan 2015 15:49
- Andrew collects Queen’s Ambulance Service Medal after New Year’s Honours delight
Andrew Jenkins, the Trust’s Deputy Director of Medical and Clinical Services, collected his medal from the Lord Lieutenant of Dyfed, The Hon. Robin Lewis OBE, at a ceremony in Carmarthenshire County Hall.
8 Jan 2015 13:17
- Carol service raises the roof for North Wales charity
Proceeds from the service, which was held at Bangor Cathedral and jointly hosted by the Welsh Ambulance Service, North Wales Police, North Wales Fire and Rescue Service and their partners, will go to the Awyr Las/Blue Sky charity.
31 Dec 2014 10:13
- Tributes paid to Welsh Ambulance Service paramedic
Ruth Lewis, 54, was walking her dogs near her home in Penymynydd, Flintshire, when she collapsed unexpectedly.
5 Jan 2015 09:47
- First Responders get on their bikes for Christmas shoppers!
Pedal power at the Welsh Ambulance Service greatly assisted by the partnership with St John Cymru-Wales is ensuring that First Responders are rapidly becoming a frequent site at emergency incidents across Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan, and in the run-
19 Dec 2014 14:24
- The happiest of Christmases in the Prowle household thanks to WAST crew
It will be a Christmas beyond their wildest dreams at one address in Ferndale this year as Mr Geoff Prowle celebrates his recovery form not one, but NINE cardiac arrests!
18 Dec 2014 10:29
- Welsh Ambulance Service hoping for a safe and merry Christmas
Across the country, ambulance crews will be linking up with police forces and local councils to make sure the busiest nights over Christmas and New Year go without a hitch.
17 Dec 2014 12:11