Welcome to the Welsh Ambulance Service News Desk and Media area. We will keep you up to date with all the latest news and information relating to your local ambulance service.
Our Corporate Communications Unit handle both internal and external communications, dealing with all enquiries from the media and keeping the public and stakeholders informed of the work of our staff.
- Statement on June 2015's performance figures
The Trust reached 61.4% of Category A calls within eight minutes in June 2015.
29 Jul 2015 09:33
- Welsh ambulance team wins Heart Hero Award from Wales’ heart charity
A key team from the Welsh Ambulance Service has been awarded the Innovation Award from the British Heart Foundation (BHF) Cymru for their relentless determination to make an impact in the fight against heart disease.
17 Jul 2015 14:46
- Welsh Ambulance Service to take part in pioneering medical trial
The trial will look at whether adrenaline, which can be administered during resuscitation, influences a person’s chance of survival.
6 Jul 2015 13:39
- Tri-service campaign to reduce inappropriate calls
Traditionally the summer is one the busiest times of year for the emergency services and officers are asking people to use the 999 system wisely to help ensure a genuine emergency is not missed over the holidays.
1 Jul 2015 11:04
- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: Alternative providers explained
In light of the continued media and political interest in the Trust’s use of alternative providers, we wanted to take a closer look at this and explain the situation in a bit more detail.
24 Jun 2015 11:58
- Statement on May 2015's performance figures
The Trust reached 59.4% of Category A calls within eight minutes in May 2015.
24 Jun 2015 09:38
- Stalwart ambulance service leader recognised in Birthday Honours List
Gordon Roberts, the Trust’s Interim Assistant Director of Operations, has been awarded the Queen’s Ambulance Service Medal for his devotion to the service, it was announced on Saturday.
16 Jun 2015 15:08
- Welsh Ambulance Service scores highly in National Survey for Wales
Of those who had dialled 999, a staggering ninety seven per cent had trust and confidence in the ambulance crew’s professional skills, according to the National Survey for Wales, which was published today (Thursday 11 June, 2015).
12 Jun 2015 09:12