Welcome to the Welsh Ambulance Service News Desk and Media area. We will keep you up to date with all the latest news and information relating to your local ambulance service.
Our Corporate Communications Unit handle both internal and external communications, dealing with all enquiries from the media and keeping the public and stakeholders informed of the work of our staff.
- Response times continue to improve across Merthyr Tydfil and Rhondda Cynon Taf in ‘Explorer’ project
The project, in partnership with Cwm Taf University Health Board, has seen a steady improvement in the 8-minute response times since it began on March 30.
28 Apr 2015 15:25
- Welsh Ambulance Service staff recognised in North Wales awards ceremony
Among the medals presented was the Queen’s Ambulance Service (Emergency Duties) Long Service and Good Conduct Medal
27 Apr 2015 15:28
- Welsh Ambulance Service recruiting volunteer lifesavers in North Wales
The Trust is preparing to host a series of recruitment evenings in a bid to recruit volunteers from Flintshire, Wrexham, Conwy, Denbighshire, Gwynedd and Ynys Mon.
27 Apr 2015 14:22
- Welsh Ambulance Service staff recognised in Swansea awards ceremony
Among the awards that were presented included HM The Queen’s Ambulance Service (Emergency Duties) Long Service and Good Conduct Medal.
23 Apr 2015 16:58
- Deaf friendly Welsh Ambulance Service in line for new award
The Trust is in line for an Excellence Wales Award, which has been launched by Action on Hearing Loss Cymru to recognise organisations that go the extra mile to ensure they are accessible to the one-in-six people who are deaf or hard of hearing.
23 Apr 2015 15:14
- Explorer pilot: Continued improvement in 8-minute response times for second consecutive week
Since the beginning of the pilot, 8-minute response times across Merthyr Tydfil and Rhondda Cynon Taf have risen to 55%.
17 Apr 2015 13:43
- ‘999? I’ve got athlete’s foot!’ The ambulance timewasters putting lives at risk
The service took 19,151 non-urgent calls in the last seven months, just 318 of which required an ambulance.
14 Apr 2015 11:48
- Be prepared with your health this Easter
The Welsh Ambulance Service is reminding the public about the alternative help that is available across Wales before calling 999, ahead of the Easter Bank Holiday.
2 Apr 2015 14:59