Welcome to the Welsh Ambulance Service News Desk and Media area. We will keep you up to date with all the latest news and information relating to your local ambulance service.
Our Corporate Communications Unit handle both internal and external communications, dealing with all enquiries from the media and keeping the public and stakeholders informed of the work of our staff.
- Rugby player thanks lifesavers after cardiac arrest on pitch
Simon James, a second row for the club’s second side, collapsed without warning as they took on Cefneithin RFC in April.
26 May 2015 15:01
- Welsh Ambulance Service helping Swansea to become dementia-friendly
The Welsh Ambulance Service has joined forces with Dementia Friendly Communities (Swansea) to help people in Swansea affected by dementia.
18 May 2015 11:00
- Conwy Valley community gifted with life-saving defibrillator
A cardiac arrest happens when the heart suddenly stops pumping blood around the body, and there are approximately 8,000 of them annually in Wales.
12 May 2015 10:06
- Statement on March 2015's performance figures
The Trust reached 52.9% of Category A calls within eight minutes in March 2015
29 Apr 2015 09:42
- Response times continue to improve across Merthyr Tydfil and Rhondda Cynon Taf in ‘Explorer’ project
The project, in partnership with Cwm Taf University Health Board, has seen a steady improvement in the 8-minute response times since it began on March 30.
28 Apr 2015 15:25
- Welsh Ambulance Service staff recognised in North Wales awards ceremony
Among the medals presented was the Queen’s Ambulance Service (Emergency Duties) Long Service and Good Conduct Medal
27 Apr 2015 15:28
- Welsh Ambulance Service recruiting volunteer lifesavers in North Wales
The Trust is preparing to host a series of recruitment evenings in a bid to recruit volunteers from Flintshire, Wrexham, Conwy, Denbighshire, Gwynedd and Ynys Mon.
27 Apr 2015 14:22
- Welsh Ambulance Service staff recognised in Swansea awards ceremony
Among the awards that were presented included HM The Queen’s Ambulance Service (Emergency Duties) Long Service and Good Conduct Medal.
23 Apr 2015 16:58