Before you dial 999 for an ambulance, we would ask you to remember that:
- If you are feeling unwell and you are not sure what to do, please call the NHS Direct Wales service on 0845 46 47 and speak to a nurse adviser for information and advice, available 24 hours a day, every day.
- If you are deaf or hard of hearing call the NHS Direct Wales textphone number on 0845 606 46 47.
- If you have a medical emergency such as loss of consciousness, difficulty in breathing, suspected heart attack, heavy blood loss, serious injury or severe burns call 999.
- Sending an ambulance to a call that is not an emergency could delay the response to a seriously ill or injured patient.
- Patients with minor illnesses or injuries who arrive at hospital by ambulance do not receive faster treatment.
Download the Annual Report 2012/13